Have you ever felt like:
- This is it. I am tired and I want to change.
- Enough is enough. Starting tomorrow, I am going to be a different person.
- I am sick of being overweight. Tomorrow, I will start a program and lose weight.
Tomorrow comes and you forget about all your determination, all the drive and all the promises you made to yourself. Do you find it funny how sometimes you make promises to others and always honor them? And when it comes to you, something else always seems to get in the way? That something else is you, along with the fear of experiencing greatness.
There’s a way to remember your determination. It’s called embodying the new version of yourself that you want to portray. Because you won’t be able to change unless you experience first hand how amazing you feel. You think about how great it would be to lose weight, to publish a book, to rock a new outfit, to deliver a talk, to go after the bold opportunities, but thoughts cannot be felt. They sometimes give you a rush or influence your mood.
However, what’s missing is a sense of urgency. And there’s no urgency when you know things will always work out at some point or you’ll get there when you’re ready. You are ready. You were born ready to experience greatness. There’s no urgency in knowing that tomorrow will always come.
This 3-step plan helps to remember your determination:
1. Get clear on what your next steps are.
Let’s take the weight loss example. You want to lose weight, have more energy, be happy, and healthy. You want to do this because it will allow you to experience more confidence, more free time, less stress. You’ll have more energy, time, desire to go after your passions and create a meaningful existence. What do you need?
- the knowledge: How do you lose weight?
- the skills and tools: What do I need to learn in order to apply the weight loss strategy successfully?
- the accountability: How do I keep myself on the program without losing my mind.
2. Find accountability everywhere.
You will still be doing this on your own, no one else will follow the program and get the results for you. It’s a different way of asking for help. Because many of us don’t like to ask for help. But let’s be honest, you are great at what you do, I am great at what I do and others are great at what they do. Though, to create a sense of urgency that’s also required to stick to a plan, you might want to consider finding someone to keep you accountable. State your goals out loud and your deadline or the small steps that you are taking. Share your journey with others willing to learn from your endeavors. You might also learn something else too. Accountability is the way to keep the promise you make to yourself without having to let yourself fade in the background as you did so many times before.
3. Acknowledge that you are the creator of your existence and take full responsibility for everything that you do or don’t do.
Understand one thing: the perfect roadmap, diet, path for you is not outside of you. Everything that you need in order to achieve your goals is inside of you waiting to be accessed. The steps will reveal to you in a natural way when you embody what you, in fact, are in your essence: a creator. You create life, you create space, you create presence, you create paths, you create opportunities, you create everything that makes you unique. Why not embody those extraordinary feelings of freedom, joy, strength? You are meant to create so much more for yourself and for those around you. Why would you settle for second guesses and obsessions?
Since you are ready for the next step, here’s what I bring to the table:
- The blueprint to clarity: I will guide you in a fun way towards mapping out your desires, goals, steps.
- The knowledge, tools, skills: I will teach you everything that you need to lose weight, be healthy, and have a lot of energy. I don’t just teach you random stuff. You learn what you need, not what anyone else needs.
- The accountability: I offer you step-by-step support and I keep you accountable for as long as you want me to. It’s your choice. I am here to serve you.
And your first step is to book a session with me so we get to know each other. You need to feel that I can and will guide you. Otherwise, everything else will stay the same. Do you agree?